- 6 oz container of plain Greek yogurt (I used Trader Joe’s organic brand)
- 1/4-1/3 cup of sour cream (I use Organic Valley Organic lactose free brand)
- 2 Peruvian cucumbers washed and grated (no need to peel the skins)
- 3 cloves of garlic (or more according to your taste)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh chopped dill (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped chives
- Zest from a small lemon
- Juice from 1/2 of a small lemon
- S&P to taste
- Drizzle of high quality olive oil.
- Grate your cucumbers and let them sit on a few paper towels to absorb water from cucumbers.
- Add the sour cream and yogurt into a mixing bowl.
- Chop your dill and chives and add to the mixing bowl.
- Zest your lemon, juice and add to mixing bowl.
- Using a microplane, grate the garlic into the bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to your desired taste, fresh cracked black pepper I find has the best taste.
- Before you add in the shredded cucumber, squeeze the water out as much as possible, you may need to do this a few times. I place the cucumber in paper towels, squeeze the water out and change the paper towels as needed.
- Drizzle with some hight quality olive oil before serving. I recommend Kasandrinos extra virgin Greek olive oil.
You can serve this immediately but it tastes best when its had time to chill in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- As a dip for veggies
- As a spread for sandwiches
- Dipping sauce for Greek inspired meatballs (coming soon!)
- Dip for pita bread, flat bread or crackers whatever fits your bariatric diet!