- 1 pound of ground beef (I recommend grass fed when you can)
- 1/4 cup of grated or finely chopped red onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (or to your taste)
- 1 egg (I recommend pastured organic eggs)
- 1/4-1/3 cups crumbled feta
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Zest of a small lemon
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 3 Tbsp almond flour (or breadcrumbs if not gluten free)
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Non-stick pan
- small or medium scoop
- Mixing bowl
** I did not add any salt to this recipe, the saltiness from the feta cheese was enough for my taste. Feel free to add salt if you want, but just be aware that feta is a salty cheese.
- Whisk the egg in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Using a small or medium scoop form your meatballs and add to a non-stick pan with a small amount of cooking fat in it.
- After you have added all your meatballs to the pan turn on the heat to medium/medium high.
- You may have to adjust your heat but let the meatballs cook on each side untill they have a nice caramelized crust and color to them. Use a pair of tongs to turn/rotate the meatballs.
- This takes approximately 15-20 minutes depending on how well cooked you like your protein.
- After they are cook to your taste remove them from the pan and serve.