Join my Facebook Group!
Hi! I’m Lori Newlon, the face behind The Bariatric Dish blog and on Instagram at @the_bariatric_dish. Welcome to The Bariatric Dish Healthy Living Community - my private forum dedicated to weight loss surgery patients and the vast array of unique issues related to bariatric nutrition and wellness.
Who am I?
As a veteran weight loss surgery patient, a Registered Nurse (RN) for nineteen years, a Certified Bariatric Nurse (CBN), and a certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP), I'm dedicated to bringing better health, wellness, and nutrition to the bariatric community through a wide variety of nutritional education and bariatric surgery-related resources.
I underwent gastric bypass (RNY) surgery fourteen years ago. My bariatric journey has been mostly successful, but it's also been complicated, frightening, occasionally terrifying, and never easy. I’ve lived through all of the ups, downs, successes, setbacks, and dangers of this experience, and my mission is to be a resource of knowledge, education, and support to others, like you, who are navigating the many stages of this exciting but challenging journey.
There is so much we need to learn and implement into our lives to maintain our health after surgery. It’s crucial to develop a nutritious diet that addresses the nutritional deficiencies that result from bariatric surgery to maintain your health and well-being while pursuing and maintaining your weight loss goals. I had to learn most of this information the hard and sometimes dangerous way, long before there were any reliable online resources available. My goal is to share my experience and these valuable resources with you and our community to make this vital information easily accessible in a fun, supportive and affordable forum.
What this group is:
- A paid, private community created exclusively for weight loss surgery patients, managed and moderated by a registered nurse with specialty certifications in bariatric nursing and nutrition.
Members can be post-op patients or currently be in a bariatric program waiting for a surgery date. Patients of all procedures are welcome.
- A place to share stories and resources, support each other, find others with similar experiences, and offer support and encouragement to one another.
- A safe, respectful, private place to ask questions and discuss issues that are weight loss surgery or bariatric life specific.
What you can expect from me:
- While I am active on Instagram, I’m very limited regarding the time and resources I can share on that platform. This community allows me the opportunity to share more resources, in even greater depth and detail.
- I’ll have regular giveaways and discount codes for some of my favorite brands and products!
- Videos and posts on educational topics regarding bariatric surgery, nutrition, bariatric anatomy, and physiology, living a healthier lifestyle and overcoming the dietary and nutritional challenges unique to weight loss surgery patients.
- Exclusive educational materials (handouts, e-books, posts, etc).
- Recipes created and developed specifically for this community.
- Support that is always compassionate and respectful, never judgmental, and that protects your privacy - and maybe some occasional tough love. 😉
The Bariatric Dish Healthy Living Community is designed especially for you! Please join us as we launch this exciting new forum and pursue better health and wellness together.
How you can join:
After paying, check your email, you will receive instructions on how to join The Bariatric Dish Healthy Living Community Facebook group. I’ll ask you to answer just a few very brief questions about your surgical status or history to better tailor content to our membership. Membership is only $5 per month recurring through Paypal. I hope to see you in there!
Already joined and want to cancel? sign in here