- 2 ripe pears (any variety, I used bartlett)
- 2 Honeycrisp apples
- 1–2 tbsp maple syrup (depending on sweetness of pears and apples)
- 1/2–1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp allspice (or to taste)
- pinch of sea salt
- Wash, peel, core and dice the pears and apples.
- Place in a medium sauce pan over medium to med-low heat.
- Stir the apples and pears occasionally and watch that they don’t burn, adjust the heat if needed. Don’t add any liquid, they will release their own as they cook.
- After a few minutes add in the maple syrup, vanilla and spices.
- Continue to stir, it will start breaking down and then you can taste it to see if you want to add more syrup.
- When the apples and pears become soft’ish remove from the heat, let it cool for a minute and use a immersion blender to blend the ingredients to the desired consistency. BE VERY CAREFUL IT’S HOT AND MAY SPLATTER
Depending on what stage of the bariatric diet you are on you can blend this down into a smooth sauce or if you are at the stage where you can eat solid foods it super good with some chunks left!