Posted by http://thebariatricdish.com/banana-nut-granola/
© 2017 The Bariatric Dish. All rights reserved.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the pecans and walnuts into small bite sized pieces.
- Run the banana chips through the food processor to make them into smaller bite sized pieces.
- Add the oats, slivered almonds, salt, cinnamon, chia, hemp, banana chips, into a large mixing bowl and mix ingredients well.
- Mash the banana in and set it aside.
- In a small bowl melt the coconut oil and honey. A few seconds in the microwave is what I did you just need it to be liquid/thinner.
- Mix in the coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract and mashed banana to the oat and nut mixture and mix the ingredients well.
- Scoop granola on to a large cookie sheet and press it down firmly with a spatula and place into the oven.
After about 15 minutes use the spatula to "flip" or gently turn the granola over, this helps it to brown, then press it back down. Repeat this process a few times, If you don't want the granola to be "chunky" you can skip pressing it down with the spatula but I recommend that you make it chunky! You will need to keep an eye on this, since there are nuts it will want to burn.
Once the granola starts to become golden brown, fragrant and it "feels" dry by way of the spatula remove it from the oven and let it cool on the cookie sheet, this will allow it to crisp up more. I recommend that if the granola is looking like the nuts are starting to over cook or burn scoop it onto another cookie sheet to let it cool.
This process took about 25-35 minutes oven time.